The Dry Dip Method
Using the Dry Dip Method you can propagate plants
from cuttings from easy to difficult to root.
Rhizopon AA #1, #2 and #3 rooting powders are used.
When treating cuttings with different rate needs, simply switch powders.
Color coding assures that the proper product is used.
ROOTING PRODUCTS TO USE
Dry Dip Rooting Hormones:
• Rhizopon AA #1 (0.1% IBA) is PINK color. For easier to root cuttings
• Rhizopon AA #2 (0.3% IBA) is GREEN color. For root many types of cuttings
• Rhizopon AA #3 (0.8% IBA) is WHITE color. To root "difficult to root cuttings"
USE ON MANY TYPES OF PLANT CUTTINGS
• Cutting Types
• Cutting Selection
In the growing season.
• Leafy cuttings: annuals, perennials, woody ornamental and forestry plants.
• Tropical plants annuals, perennials, woody ornamental and forestry plants.
• Winter dormant cuttings.
• Woody ornamental and forestry plants.
• Hard to root cuttings.
• Rooting powers are taken from the stock container and put into small cups.
HOW TO USE
• Take off a small portion of the powder for your immediate use.
Do not contaminate the stock container by returning used portion to the container.
• Take plant cuttings, usually 4-6 inch stem cuttings, from the current year’s growth.
• Wound woody cuttings by making a 3/4 inch slit at the side of the basal end is optional.
Herbaceous cuttings are not wounded.
• Dip the basal end of the cuttings 3/4-1 inch into the Rhizopon AA powder.
Tap off the excess powder.
• Avoid contact between the powder and foliage and other over ground parts of the stem.
A small amount of powder on the leaves will not affect the quality of the rooting.
• Stick the treated cuttings in the media, or put in plastic bags and store until sticking or planting out.
A dribble hole is useful to allow entry of the cutting into the media without pushing off the rooting powder.
• Turn on misters as required.
• After treatment discard used rooting powder.
• Cutting Care
Introduction to Plant Propagation from Cuttings:
Site_Map Introduction Distributors
Products: Hortus_IBA_WaterSolubleSalts(20%) RhizoponAA_DryPowder_RootingHormones
Methods: Foliar_Methods-Overview Total_Immerse_Method Spray_DripDown_Method
Basal_Methods-Overview Basal_QuickDip_Method Basal_Long_Soak_Method
Dry_Dip_Method Rose_Ideas TheCuttings
Rates: Rates-Foliar Rates-Basal_QuickDip Rates-Dry_Dip Rates-LongSoak
Other Information: Making_RootingSolutions-How_Much_Do_I_Need?