HORTUS IBA WATER
SOLUBLE SALTS- Your Source for IBA & Source for KIBA
Common Questions on Rooting Product Comparison
How do I select
Hortus IBA Water Soluble Salts
• Both products are used in both foliar and basal methods.
• Hortus IBA Water Soluble Salts:
• Soluble in water to over 100,000 ppm IBA.
• Measured using a scale.
• Cost effective for commercial growers.
Is there a difference in rooting between using ‘Rooting Solutions’ or ‘dry powder rooting hormones’?
• To be honest, makers who offer one type of product or another will say their product is the best. Growers always say some plants root better with Rooting Solutions or rooting powders. This is based upon the variety, time of the year, maturity of the cuttings and quality of the stock plants. In the US many growers prefer Rooting Solution methods. In Europe the growers prefer Dry Dip powder rooting hormones.
How are Rhizopon AA dry powder rooting hormones different from other brand dry powder rooting products?
• Rhizopon AA #1, #2 and #3 are made with high loft talc resulting in uniform coverage of the treated cutting.
• The powders are color coded to identify the product: Rhizopon AA#1 is pink, Rhizopon AA#2 is green and Rhizopon AA#3 is white. Color coding helps the production workers to pick and use the proper product.
• All production lots are laboratory tested to assure they have uniform mix and meet the required concentration.
Introduction to Plant Propagation from Cuttings:
Site_Map Introduction DISTRIBUTORS
Products: Hortus_IBA_WaterSolubleSalts(20%) RhizoponAA_DryPowder_RootingHormones
Methods: Foliar_Methods-Overview Total_Immerse_Method Spray_DripDown_Method
Basal_Methods-Overview Basal_QuickDip_Method Basal_Long_Soak_Method
Dry_Dip_Method Rose_Ideas TheCuttings
Rates: Rates-Foliar Rates-Basal_QuickDip Rates-Dry_Dip Rates-LongSoak
Other Information: Making_RootingSolutions-How_Much_Do_I_Need?