Full Screen WebSite Mobile Website SITE MAP
ON-LINE CALCULATOR to find the WEIGHT of HORTUS IBA WATER SOLUBLE SALTS for any RATE & LIQUID VOLUME:
CALCULATOR BEST VIEWED ON MOBILE DEVICES
CALCULATOR BEST VIEWED ON COMPUTOR SCREENS
HORTUS IBA WATER
SOLUBLE SALTS- Your Source for IBA & Source for KIBA
Common Questions on Plant Propagation Methods
Why would I want to use ‘Foliar’ compared
to ‘Basal’ Rooting Solution methods?
• Foliar methods are used on leafy plants in the growing season.
• Basal methods are used all year.
• Foliar methods treat cuttings uniformly. Basal Quick Dip Method may have variable treatment.
• Foliar methods use less labor then Quick Dip.
When can I turn on misters after treating by the Spray Drip Down Method?
• Growers usually wait 30-45 minutes or until the Rooting Solution dries on the leaves.
Do I need special equipment to do foliar methods?
• Most growers use standard spray equipment such as backpack sprayers, hydraulic sprayers, or hand sprayers.
• Boom sprayers can be used, but, they might require too much trouble to set up for one time use.
• Production greenhouses and nurseries where spray is done regularly have made custom spray carts to meet needs.
How many cuttings can be treated using Rhizopon AA dry powders?
• One pound of Rhizopon AA dry powder rooting hormones can treat about 30,000 cuttings.
Why do I need to use rooting hormones when I propagate ‘easy-to-root’ cuttings?
• The use of rooting hormones is NOT a waste of time; cuttings will rapidly produce high root mass and uniform roots!
Introduction to Plant Propagation from Cuttings:
Site_Map Introduction DISTRIBUTORS
Products: Hortus_IBA_WaterSolubleSalts(20%) RhizoponAA_DryPowder_RootingHormones
Methods: Foliar_Methods-Overview Total_Immerse_Method Spray_DripDown_Method
Basal_Methods-Overview Basal_QuickDip_Method Basal_Long_Soak_Method
Dry_Dip_Method Rose_Ideas TheCuttings
Rates: Rates-Foliar Rates-Basal_QuickDip Rates-Dry_Dip Rates-LongSoak
Other Information: Making_RootingSolutions-How_Much_Do_I_Need?